Operating System (Windows 10 recommended)
- GOHFER 3D - Windows 10/8/7
- Sentinel RMS License Manager
- Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system
- UNIX-based (32-bit and 64-bit) operating systems, including Linux, Mac, Solaris Sparc, x86, AIX, and HPUX
- Linux ARM (32-bit [Hard Float/Soft Float] and 64-bit) operating system.
For a full list of Operating Systems and Virtual Machines supported, please navigate to THALES.
Processor / Memory:
- 7th generation processor recommended (recommend upgrading if older than a 6th generation processor).
- Minimum quad core processor recommended. 6 core processor is considered ideal.
- Utilizes multi-threading and will benefit from multiple processors.
- Non-geologic model projects 8 MB RAM recommended minimum. Geologic model projects > 16 GB ram recommended.
- Minimum 512K memory video card.
- Recommend 2GB video memory. Main recommendation is that the card has its own memory rather than sharing main memory.
Engine Priority Options:
In the Run Engine Options in v9.1+, the priority level of the simulation can be set. Recommendations are shown below based on number of cores.
|Background||low priority with ½ the cores||Recommended setting for dual core|
|Foreground||normal priority with all the cores||Best for most users|
|Max Performance||high priority with all the cores||Quad core or above recommended|
For Additional Performance, consider adding the following:
- An Nvidia graphics card with 4 GB ram
- 32 GB ram
- 12 core (Intel I9 Equivalent or above) processor